Quote:

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer." -Ansel Adams
                                                                                                   

Friday, April 9, 2010

Sharing a Passion


I was browsing through the pages of Deviant Art I stumbled upon a great project. Cosplay in America is a book with photographs taken at 6 anime conventions around the US in 2009/2010. This guy has spent countless hours and maxed out credit cards following something he's passionate about making. This is a prime example of following a project through to the end. Over the next day or two I'm going to contact this guy and ask about possibly going with him to a convention to work with him and see him in action, though it seems he may be a shy guy about this we'll see. I contacted a friend who's attending a convention he is attending to possibly go check him out for me and try and purchase a book if he's selling them there. I'm nervous about contacting him but something I have to get over. In the mean time, go check out his blog, scroll around and read about what this guy is all about. Personally I can't wait to see this book in person, it's not about the 'best' cosplayers as much as it people gathering to share a common interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment